Master-Seminar in Finance
- type: seminar
- : Master
- semester: SS 2021
- ects: 3
- exam: Elaboration and group presentation
- information: Contact person: Jelena Eberbach
Corona crisis and the financial markets
Countless businesses and firms were forced to stop their operations due to the Corona pandemic which resulted in drastically crashing stock markets. The Dax, the primary German stock index, in fact, experienced its second worst daily losses ever. In this seminar, we will explore the mechanisms behind the dangers the Corona virus poses to the capital markets.
List of Topics
- Bond market distortions during the Corona crisis and the reaction of the Fed
- Economic uncertainty in the early phase of the Corona crisis
- Effects of regional COVID-19 developlments on the financial markets
- Corona crisis, profit expectations and risk premia
- How does financial flexibility affect stock exchanges when revenues stop?
- Sunday, 31.01.2021, 23:55: Application deadline for the first round of awards.
- Tuesday, 02.02.2021: Allocation of seminar spots.
- Friday, 05.02.2021: Deadline for the allocation or cancellation of seminar spots.
- Wednesday, 17.03.2021, 23:55: Application deadline for the second allocation round.
- Tuesday, 23.03.2021: Allocation of seminar places.
- Friday, 26.03.2021: Deadline for acceptance or cancellation of seminar places.
- Tuesday, 13.04.2021, 17:00: Kick-off meeting.
- Monday, 28.06.2021, 16:00: Deadline for submission of the final version of the paper (in duplicate in writing and in electronic form).
- Thursday, 08.07.2021 (from 14:00) and Friday, 09.07.2020: Block seminar with compulsory attendance.